2011-09-18

Blog Resurrection

2V7HP35MCNQ4 is a Technorati verification code. It is part of their validation process.

It's interesting that I should be validating this blog with Technorati. One year ago (less 10 days) I was operated upon for kidney cancer. Since that time I've been put on a treatment and then (a few weeks ago) had it discontinued due to side effects. As I write this I have no idea if I'll be alive another year from now.

Of course, I never really knew that I'd be alive one year into the future, but before the cancer it always seemed like a better than even chance.

I didn't freak out about the prospect of death, but I did kind of go inert. My lifelong drive to create new and exciting stuff drained right out of me. The side effects of the treatment and the cancer didn't help, of course, but in addition to this it seemed like there was little point in starting projects I might not finish. 

Then one day, a few weeks ago, I started blogging again. I figured I should write down some of the ideas that had been banging around inside my head. Just in case.

Well, it's worked out nicely. This is something I can do on a day-to-day basis, and it has given me some additional energy. Now I'm even promoting the blog as if it's a long-term project. Who knows if that will be the case? In any case, I'm having fun with it.

By the way, hello to the people in The Netherlands and Russia who are visiting this site every day. Feel free to leave a comment — you no longer need a Google account to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment